Weekly Update

March 27, 2008
By

Ladies and Gentlemen –

After a number of emails from my beloved fans concerning the latest news from around the country and the college coaching world, I feel it is about time that I address the issue of color in college sports.

I know that many of you feel that this is a touchy subject, and I may even lose a number of fans over this article, but it has to be addressed.

Yes, I am prejudiced.
Call me whatever other names you want, but I am most definitely prejudiced when it comes to peoples color or colors as it may be.

I will always gravitate more to people of my own color because we share the same culture and history.
We may not be related by blood, but we are family of the same color.
The people of my color are my brothers, my sisters, my family.

I admit it; I would rather hire someone of my own color over those of another color.
Why? Because I am more comfortable with people of my own color and quite frankly some people of color I simply don’t want around me.
You all know who I am talking about.

I have no respect for people that aren’t proud of their color or colors as it may be.

I am tolerant of some colors and completely intolerant of others.
Sure, I have friends of other colors, but do I trust them completely? With few exceptions, I don’t trust them as much as people of my own color.

I know that some people hate me because of my color and I don’t care.

Please do not think this feeling is limited to my beloved South.
The folks I have met from Michigan and Ohio are some of the most prejudiced people in the world when it comes to color.
You know it too.
And Honestly, I am O.K. with that.

The bottom line for me when it comes to color is simply this:
If you are not Crimson and White, then you aren’t family.

I hope this helped.

Roll Tide Roll
MEB

10 Responses to Weekly Update

1. MissMay4UK on March 27, 2008 at 11:02 am

LOL! Something told me you were heading in that direction! I respect your pride in you color, however I must say that the color combination of Blue & White is far superior to all other color and/or colors. I even bleed Blue.

2. Nowelle on March 28, 2008 at 10:46 am

Glad to have you on the world wide web but I still think that you are supporting the wrong colors…Orange and Blue all the way. We in the Gator Nation will always welcome you with open arms when you come to your senses.

3. Lee on March 29, 2008 at 11:12 am

Good to see that our “fearless prognosticator” is taking on a much larger audience with this website. As another who bleeds Crimson and White, I’m hopeful your intellectual superiority will rub off on those less fortunate.

Thanks for the sound directions on my recent trip to auburn. With my Garmin disabled, your advice to “go East ’til you smell it, then go North ’til you step in it” was right on the mark.

4. Geaux Tigers on April 3, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Well, Mr. Mike, you had me going there for awhile with this post. Thought all that Schaefer Light had finally caught up with your remaining crimson brain cells.

Although you do not consider us family, please always know that you have an open invitation for crawfish and beer any time.

5. MEB on April 4, 2008 at 11:16 am

My Gator faithful…you know I love you and thank you for the reply.

To my beloved Bayou Bengal faithful….You had me at Schaefer Light and Crawfish. I can almost smell those bugs boiling now……

And for Those Wildcats….We are all Going to miss……Mr Wildcat.

6. Bulldog Jim on April 9, 2008 at 12:34 am

I will take the “Maroon and White,” but I go with anything SEC. Your pal, BJ

7. MEB on April 9, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Bulldog Jim, You know I have Love for Coach Croom…He IS family..
    and so are you.
    RTR
    MEB

8. MEB on April 13, 2008 at 2:01 pm

One Last Question Bulldog Jim…Am I to believe that YOU would pull for OLE MISS under the “right” circumstances?
    I shudder to think….

RTR
    MEB

9. Bulldog Jim on April 19, 2008 at 2:55 pm

MEB, yes, I must say that I would! The trouble I have is the attempt to figure out the “right” circumstances. Know what I mean?? BJ

10. MEB on April 21, 2008 at 1:23 pm

I KNEW it Bulldog JIM!
    I know my Mississippi State Bulldog Faithful!
    If Ole Miss were playing Iran….

The Bulldog Fans would put a towel on their heads and pull for Iran.

I respect that.