Access Denied

August 16, 2011
By

Ladies and Gentlemen –

A rather disturbing issue has been brought to my attention that I think you should all be aware of.

Our Boys and Girls in Iraq and Afghanistan are no longer able to read the “CFB Wizard” overseas.

Now why is that?

The College Football Wizard isn’t a “social networking or lifestyle” website

It isn’t provocative or display’s any images that would deemed to be inappropriate

There are no pictures of scantily clad women or men on the website

There isn’t any nasty language used in any articles either.

There are no “states secrets” that are released on code or on the open net to our boys and girls

So why can’t our boys and girls enjoy reading about college football on the CFB Wizard overseas?

Your guess is as good as mine

The screen shot said the site is banned because it has to do with….

“Sports”

O’ My GOD, NOT that!

But here is the unvarnished truth

It could be in this “politically correct” world run amuck (including our military)
That the “powers to be” have lost their damn minds.

Is it because College Football is “offensive” to Muslims, is that why it can’t be read overseas?
Because those of us who have served in those theaters can agree, we just can’t kiss their ass’s enough to suit them. So why not deprive our fighting men and women the ability to read about the upcoming games in college football, as long as Abdul is happy with his pedophilia Thursday’s, am I right?

Would it help if I had an introduction by George Michael and “WHAM” in the next column?

EDITORS NOTE: Not going to happen….

Could it be that I am “banned” because each December I utter those most despicable words known to all card carrying members of the “politically correct” military? Come on say it with me…
“Merry Christmas”

Maybe the College Football Wizard is banned because in the “new” everybody is offended by everything all the time society we currently live in, that my writing is “too harsh” and “insensitive”?

EDITORS NOTE: Ah does the General need a hug?

Could it be that those in power are so disconnected to those military boys and girls doing the actual work that they either don’t care or could care less about what they are interested in?

Maybe those Generals and their Colonels are just too busy writing themselves up for Bronze Stars to notice, maybe that’s it.

EDITORS NOTE: I’m sorry, did that hit a little too close to home?

If this sounds like I am angry, I am.

And it’s not personal, I assure you.

But if you want to read the truth, here it is….

We ask our boys and girls to leave the United States and go into a hostile theater for a year or more.

Tour after Tour after Tour for over ten damn years….

They leave family and friends

They lose family and friends

Some are wounded and Some die

But they ALL pay a price….

All for the sake of our freedom.

But they can’t enjoy reading about college football because some gibbering jackass despot says so.

So what are we fighting for?

Our troops can’t read anything about “sports”?

That doesn’t sound like freedom to me

Yes, I am mad and you should be too.

RTR

THE CFB WIZARD

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Access Denied

1. Olajide Ijadare on August 16, 2011 at 8:57 am

Mike, Just to let you know, I’m with you and MAD too! Could it be some are jealous of CFB? Are our Auburn, Oregon, Ohio, and even TN VOLs alumni in the military / DOD power base ever had anything to do with this? Please investigate and let’s know.

Perhaps college football isn’t “gay enough” for the current military leadership? LMAO!!!

2. The BamaPrincess on August 16, 2011 at 9:50 am

Well . . . . DAMN! I mean DANG!

What can we do to rectify the situation???

Grrrrrrrr

The BamaPrincess

3. Oscar on August 16, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Mike

We’re getting it fine at Eglin AFB. Don’t blame the Cols and Gens. They have no part in it. It’s the Comm Nazis that decide what sites have access and what sites are denied. When everyone bitches to them about a particular site being banned, they usually let it in.

4. Deke on August 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Mike,

I cannot see it at Eglin, maybe a different set of Nazis!

5. Eric on August 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Mike,

One workaround now that you are much more technologically savvy than when I met you hunting and pecking on your keyboard is your RSS feed.
    I set up your RSS feed on my work comp under Outlook and on my home email. Not sure if gmail or any of the web mail services allow it, but that has seemed a way for me to still read, laugh and cry laughing here at work for me to send it on to the other football fanatics around the my work.
    They will probably not be able to watch the videos that you embed into your reports, but your prose is what I look forward to.
    Still waiting on the day you do a video commentary format with your own Youtube channel, but still get positive comments from posting your links on my social media accounts to spread the football gospel (even though you are an Alabama fan, my OBKnoxville brethren still love your prognostications.)

6. Jimmy Olajide on August 18, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Mike,
    Mike,
    You are second to none…I’m still LMAO! Thanks a billion!!!
    Seriously, if you can’t blame the Generals, please blame the Sergeant Majors. It use to be the Sergeant Majors’ primary job was to look after the morale and welfare of the troops. But lately it appears they’ve grown extremely silent and scared. Last week the bad news was the internet access restrictions on our OCONUS based military members to read about CFB/Football. This weeks’ news is 10000 times worst! The idea of turning military retirement into 401K scheme…The Chinese and Banks are already locking. If you may, I’d be grateful if you may address the said bad news in a CFB football type funny.

7. Catfish Barn Det 1 on August 20, 2011 at 10:51 am

This is very upsetting, what else was I going to do with my time while in the sandbox…..I’m thinking a College Football Wizard Facebook page should be in the pipeline very soon.

8. Bulldog Jim on September 2, 2011 at 11:50 pm

BAMA Mike, Hello and am I happy to be involved with your “College Football Wizard” for the upcoming season! This world is “nuts!” It is now more so with the “ban” on your very fine work. Makes me sick! OK, my friend, I really look forward to keeping up with the greatest sport ever invented. (My opinion). Have a wonderful year and a very successful season. Your pal, BJ